Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Frugal Finds and Fixes: A good hoser shirt never dies

Finds this week: A plaid flannel shirt, well broken in, from the thrift store dollar rack.
Fixes: I found a chambray "man's shirt" at the thrift store for three dollars. It didn't look like any man's shirt I'd ever seen, outside of Little House on the Prairie, but in any case it was too wide and the sleeves were too long. I decided to make it into a sleeveless top for summer. I traced around a sleeveless dress (with chalk), hemmed the new armholes, and sewed new side seams. 
Remember this dress? I was thinking about leaving it long, but decided to risk cutting the bottom off.
Here we go. I cut the back a bit longer than the front, but you can't see it in the photo.
What's for supper? Upside-Down Meatloaf from Saving Dinner. A potful of brown rice because it tastes good with the meatloaf sauce. Frozen spinach. Polish doughnuts from the Euro grocery.
Entertainment: Re-watching our way through the four seasons of Star Trek Enterprise, on NetFlix. You know you have been watching too much Star Trek when you start thinking that going Warp 4.2 is not really fast enough.

No comments: