Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Moving right along (updated)

A note from our Hodgepodge hostess:  "I intended to blog yesterday but had to deal with window treatments instead. By deal with I mean talk hubs down from the ceiling when he saw the proposed cost. We've never done an entire house all at once before, but it sure makes me wish I were an expert seamstress. I'm generalizing here, but I feel like the cost of window treatments is always more than a little shocking to men. Same is true of wedding particulars, highlights in my hair, and decorative pillows. Anyway, I may put up two posts today because while I'm not a gifted seamstress (drat!) I am a blogger and bloggers blog. In the meantime here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog then hop back here Wednesday to share answers with the rest of the world. See you there-"

1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house?

Finding one.

2. What's moved you recently?

Stories from friends, and even from people I don't know as well. These were some of my favourites.

3. Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so?

Always forward. Because, like the seasons or those moving walkways at airports, it is going ahead whether you think so or not. And like this one at the Detroit airport, most of us are in too much of a hurry to enjoy it properly at the time.


4. On the move, move mountainsget a move onit's your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain.

We have been watching a lot of Star Trek and Star Trek: Enterprise, so flying through outer space at warp speed would definitely be moving (even if it's imaginary).
5. What song makes you want to get up and move?

Any tune that we had to do the Health Hustle to at school in the 1970's: and the list isn't a pretty one. 

6. Your favorite snack to grab when you're 'on the move'?

On the move, as in walking along, or stopping somewhere with the car? Because, to coin that phrase, I'm one who literally can't walk and chew gum at the same time. I'd rather sit down somewhere and drink a coffee or a lemonade.

7. What one accessory makes your house feel like home?

What qualifies as an accessory? Smaller than furniture? I think this bunny, that I've had my whole life. But I showed some other favourite things here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.

Random Thought #1: We just had Canadian Thanksgiving, and the weather is perfectly Octoberish: wandering between sunny warm and (occasionally) threatening to be cold, and with the blue-skies-red-leaves that make this time of year beautiful. I think October is one month I would miss most if we lived somewhere without such distinct seasons.

Random Thought #2: This popped up on Pinterest today: "I didn't come this far to only come this far." 


Linked from the Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.

1 comment:

Empty Nester said...

You would miss October if you live around here. We just don't see much in the way of seasonal changes and I miss it so! I rarely get to the mountains to take in the view but I've got to change that. Fall is my favorite time of year. You're right, that's not a pretty list of songs but I knew every one of them. LOL