Notes from our Hodgepodge Hostess: Okay, here we go...answer on your own blog, then hop back here tomorrow (Wednesday) to add your link to the party.
I had to click through to see what that meant; I was thinking maybe air force or the navy! No, no police officers that I know of...oh, I forgot, I did have an uncle who was an Ontario Provincial Police officer years ago. (Like State Troopers, for you Americans.)
2. Are you someone who suffers from the Sunday night blues? What helps you get over it?
Just taking the Sunday night blue box to the curb! (Monday is trash day.) I don't mind taking out the garbage, except when it's pouring rain or the driveway's covered with ice.
I very rarely get bleu cheese, because my husband is sensitive to penicillin.
How about some blueberries or elderberries instead?
4. We can't head in to the Labor Day weekend without a related question, can we? Complete this thought: I work best when____________________.
When I can see the end in sight, even if it's a long way off. I find being in the middle of something like an afghan tedious; it's when I'm on the home stretch that I start to pick up steam.
5. 'Everything yields to diligence.' Antiphanes Your thoughts? (on this particular quote or on diligence in general)
Relates to #4: if you don't do the middle part, you never will get done. Or the beginning and end will be great but the middle will fall apart.
6. The National Park Service turned 100 years old on August 25th. Have you been to many of America's National Parks? If so share with us a favorite or two. Which National Park would you most like to visit before the next birthday rolls around?
I haven't even been to most of the Canadian national parks, much less the American ones. But I did go to Mammoth Caves in Kentucky, forty years ago.
7. Bid farewell to August in seven words or less.
I packed a beach bag.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I should be working (after taking yesterday off to go to the beach), but this was more fun.
Tonight we go to the welcome-back barbecue at my daughter's high school. School starts next Tuesday. Is that a reason for the blues? (Maybe just when there's too much homework.)
Linked from The Wednesday Hodgpodge at From This Side of the Pond.