Friday, November 27, 2015

Something to sit on

A few weeks ago, I bought a bunch of upholstery samples at the thrift store.
Since none of them matched each other, I couldn't use them for bags. But I did think they would work well as pillows, or maybe as a large floor-sitter. I sewed eight of them together, four for each side, and Mr. Fixit bought a 30-inch piece of 3-inch thick foam for stuffing. We had to trim it a bit, but the two of us managed to get the foam into the pillow sleeve. I sewed up the last end by hand, after vacuuming the bits of foam off Mr. Fixit. (They like to cling.)

Here is Dewey trying it out.
I stood the pillow up against the love seat so you get an idea of the size.
Not bad for $2 for fabric (and $12 for foam).

4 comments:

Dawn said...

What a wonderful idea!

Silvia said...

I love it, Anne.

Erika said...

My mother made several "blanket" out of these upholstery samples. She and I both keep ours in our cars ... great for picnics, quick cover for the car upholstery when hauling something dirty, etc. Very durable and easy to wash!

Mama Squirrel said...

Erika, how did you wash them? I thought they would be dry-clean-only.