Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent?

I don't mind quiet, but I've gotten so used to having people around that it can seem almost too quiet when I'm here alone. Sometimes I like being quiet in busy places, like airports; you know you're not alone, but you don't have to talk to anybody either.

2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?


Any of the above. Mr. Fixit just came in five minutes ago and offered me a piece of a Polish chocolate bar, so I guess that's the answer. I haven't had Tofu Chocolate Pie in quite awhile, or the other kind of chocolate pie we sometimes make at holidays; those are both worth a chocolate celebration.

3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?


I wear blue jeans...or black jeans...most of the time at home. But I just bought a pair of pink jeans at the thrift store. Might as well live dangerously.

4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?


Does anyone ever admit it if they are? I don't think I am, but someone could probably come up with something on me.

5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with? 


I haven't worn a costume for anything in I-can't-remember-how-long. I would probably borrow something of my husband's, like a jacket and a hat, and go as a hoser.



6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?


Pray hard. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I have been busy most of the day making freezer meals with my husband. We are a pretty good team. I read ingredients, he fills bags. This was our second time around, and it was much easier than the first time, because we were more casual about amounts and we were doing it more to our own tastes. 

When I was first married, I went to a couple of co-op freezer meal sessions at a community centre, and it was a whole lot more work. Basically we were cooking casseroles and then taking them home and freezing them. They should have tried it this way (no pre-cooking except for ground beef).

Linked from Hello Hodgepodge My Old Friend at This Side of the Pond.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pink jeans are sort of brave! ;) :D I like reading these sorts of posts.

Denise said...

enjoyed your answers.

Joyce said...

Tofu chocolate pie? Does chocolate pie need tofu? : ) Good for you for getting your freezer filled. Hope you had a nice weekend!

Mama Squirrel said...

Chcolate tofu pie is actually very good, if you can eat soy! We have served it on holidays to vegan guests.

We used to eat tofu regularly, until we discovered that soy disagreed with a couple of our family members. Now we just keep it for special occasions.