When I made that list this morning of books that had an impact, I forgot to include Anne Ortlund's 1977 book Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman. I always wanted to be organized and have a notebook and keep priorities straight like Anne. Well, I do at least have a notebook.
And then when I went to look her up online (thinking to add a P.S. to my earlier post), I found out that Anne passed away in November. I'm not on the right lists, I don't read the right websites; I tend to miss these things.
Or is it just that our modern saints seem to pass away so quietly these days that nobody notices?
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333 Clothes, Summer 2016
- Project 333 Clothes, Winter to Spring 2016