- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different
- Project 333: Winter's End 2017
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Frugal costumes: doll-sized creations
Abby's cat costume: One pair of super-stretchy black child's tights, snipped off at the shins and with armholes cut just below the waistband--no hemming or sewing required. We used the cut-off parts for sleeves (did sew those on), and added a snap at the back. Paws: black mittens, crocheted for the occasion. Felt ears made by Dollygirl. Sneakers: Springfield Dolls.
Crissy's Gypsy outfit: skirt and shawl sewn from yard-saled fabric. Scarf: vintage handkerchief. Jewelry made by Dollygirl.
Crystal's Princess dress: sewn for Abby last summer. Shoes: Springfield Dolls.
Block calendar: family heirloom.
Photos by Dollygirl.