Friday, December 04, 2009

What's for dessert? Brownies in a Mug in the Crockpot

We just got a 7-quart Crockpot! Giant Tiger had them on sale and we decided to make it an early Christmas present. This is after 18 years with a 3 1/2 quart pot Which Still Works...but after reading so many good "6 quart" recipes in Stephanie O'Dea's new book, I really really really wanted to try some of them. I lured Mr. Fixit into this by telling him that he could cook bigger chickens and roasts if we just had a bigger slow cooker...and besides, we had some space for it in a big kitchen drawer since our waffle iron bit the dust.

So far we've only made two things in it, both of them frivolous. I tried out Steph's Rice Krispies Treats, since I had both Rice Krispies and marshmallows, and for dessert tonight we're having her Brownie-in-a-Mug. I used the homemade brownie mix from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures, and that seemed to be about the right amount for five coffee mugs. (We managed to get five in the pot, I guess because it's a 7-quart rather than a 6-quart. Good thing, since there are five of us.)

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Update: The brownies-in-a-mug turned out all right, but they were awfully sweet for our taste...I think I prefer the microwaved cake-in-a-mug. (We usually split even that one between a couple of eaters.) But I can see how it would be a fun dessert to have with some whipped cream on top.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails