Monday, July 17, 2006

Stay off that Ecowas Express Road (especially on the 21st of anything)

Boy, the Ecowas Express Road (see post below) must be a really dangerous place. A Google search brought up these hits:

Urgent Response | SCAMDEXOn the 21st of April 2001, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident along ecowas express road. ...

Internet-Fraud Forum - "BARRISTER.DECON ESQ"On the 21st of May 2001, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in auto crash along ecowas express road.

Jo’blog » Why Andrea doesn’t leave me to babysit too often…On the 8st of April 2004, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident along Ecowas express Road Ghana. ...

On the 21st of April 2000, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident along ecowas express road. ...

On the 21st of April 2002, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in auto crash along ecowas express road. All occupants of the vehicle ...

nigeriabrev - Krusedullerinvolved in auto crash along ecowas express road.All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost there lives.Since then I have made several ...

...On the 21st of April 2002, my client, his wife and their only daughter

...On the 2nd of April 2003, our client, his wife

...ON THE 21st OF APRIL 2000,MY CLIENT, HIS WIFE

...On the 21st of April 2001, my client, his wife...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conclusion: they really should do something about the state of the highways in Ghana.

4 comments:

Krakovianka said...

Wow. Mama Squirrel, this is just weird. I don't know the name of the road, but...

Bob Hayes was a missionary in Ghana for over 30 years. He retired to the states, but his adult son (married) and his single daughter continued as missionaries. He flew over to visit them--oh, it's been 10 years or so now--and they were on the highway taking him back to the airport when they were hit by a truck and all three were killed.

This incident is not a hoax--I knew two of the three personally, and the two widows as well. (I don't recall the date.)

http://www.cincypost.com/news/1998/ghana081498.html

Wow.

Mama Squirrel said...

Krakovianka, I didn't mean to insult anybody who really was in an accident in Ghana! I don't know if I can work up much sympathy for the supposed Mr. Squirrel, though.

Krakovianka said...

The problem is...I read and commented on that post before I saw the weird spam letter in the next one. I know *you* weren't mocking anyone...I thought perhaps "someone" was using a real incident as the basis for their hoax. Probably not--the multiple death scenario is necessary to explain the search for "heirs."

Tucson Truck Accident said...

This is a lot of accident for a road. Perhaps the road needs improvement?

Related Posts with Thumbnails